9th Jivamukti Yoga Karma Retreat with Cat Alip-Douglas
04th - 11th March, 2018 Angkor Vat, Cambodia
9th Jivamukti Yoga Retreat
We will be staying at Angkor Village Resort, a hotel situated in a large botanical garden. Individual bungalows are lining a swimming pool of several hundred meters, meandering through the park in form of a snake. Yoga classes are held in a conference room, built in traditional South East Asian style, surrounded by tropical flowers and trees.
With a few exceptions, classes are held in the mornings and last three hours. All levels are welcome. Massages and other types of treatments and activities are available at the hotel.
It combines intensive Jivamukti Yoga workshops with visits to Angkor Wat and cultural exchanges with young Cambodian Yoga practitioners, who are beneficiaries of AZAHAR Foundation in Cambodia.
Siem Reap, the second largest city of Cambodia, is adjacent to the ruins of Angkor Wat, one of the most spectacular temple cities of the Hindu and Buddhist world, built by several generations of Khmer kings between the 8th and 12th centuries. Angkor Wat has been declared by the UNESCO a World Heritage Site, and its iconography brings Yogic and Buddhist teachings and mythology to life, which is particularly interesting for Yoga practitioners.
The cost: USD 1'500.00 per person
or current exchange equivalent to amount in sterling (based on double occupancy / shared room – twin beds or double bed. please specify below.) The single room supplement (based on availability) is USD 700.00
Early Bird: USD 1'300.00 if paid in full by 4th October 2017
THE DETAILS (WHAT'S INCLUDED IN TUITION):
- 7 nights shared accommodation (2 persons per room) at ANGKOR VILLAGE &
- Meals: daily breakfast of western / asian buffet and one additional meal (lunch or dinner). there will be group dinners upon arrival & on the last evening
- Spa massage to ease your jet lag or after a long day at the temples
- 2.5 - 3 hour yoga class daily with both teachers, satsang daily
- 3 - 4 guided temple excursions (inclusive of experienced local guide & air conditioned bus transport)
NOTE: FLIGHTS, TRANSFERS, IMMUNIZATIONS, ANGKOR WAT PASS, TEMPLE FEES AND TRAVEL INSURANCE ARE NOT INCLUDED.
* a contribution to AZAHAR. 10% of earnings serves to support the AZAHAR Cambodia programme. We bring a select group of young Yoginis and Yogis from AZAHAR Foundation's Yoga project in Phnom Penh to come and practice with us at the retreat. For additional information on AZAHAR Foundation and the PEACE CAMP in Cambodia, please visit: www.azaharfoundation.org
Angkor Village & Resort: http://angkorvillageresort.asia/resort.php
Yogeswari: Meet Yogeswari: http://yogeswari.org/about.html
Cat Alip-Douglas: Meet Cat: http://catalipdouglas.com/#home
Date: March 4-11, 2018
Location: Angkor Village & Resorts, Cambodia
More Info: email@example.com